July 2, 2013

FASHION NEWS: FHABulosity Moments In and Out the Big Screen

http://www.hawaiikawaii.net/2012/fabulous-commenters/

Dear readers,

If you've been following my writing then you must know that I've launched my own fashion brand FHAB by Bonjep under FHAB online shop mid December last year. If you didn't catch it in my writing then let me tell you that it's been 6 months now and it's been a thrilling and exciting ones! Just as thrilling and exciting as what I'm about to tell you.

But before that, let me take you to my condition 6 months ago. I was just launching the website, had couple of launch showcases before my partner left me to Milan. We've prepared the business operational months before but we've never really laid down the business mechanism for the brands to work. So I had to figure it out on my own since we're running different brands technically. Scary? You bet! I was never self employed for years and I didn't have any clue of what was right to do. But I choose not to dwell of the possibility of the things not working, instead I focus on the many possibilities that might work. The good thing about never having it tried is that I'm allowed to try as many as I can to shape the business and that's what I'm doing.

I didn't know how I'm going to make it but I know what I want to achieve. Begin with the end in mind, they say. So I dig some researches, go through some studies, and learn from experiences of others the key of success in fashion industry. Copy and paste? No, I say imitate and improve. Because everything starts with you, your brand, your product, tailored into one. What might work for others might not work for you or it might work for you but not for others. You are the secret ingredient in your business, your approach, your style. 

I decided I want to be known through participating events actively. One of my wishful thinking is to participate in Indonesia Fashion Week and JakCloth. I missed both events early this year, I missed Indonesia Fashion Week because I didn't really follow it up although I got the reply from the committee and I missed JakCloth because I was declined. I follow through my dream by hanging hopes to participate next year in 2014. 

And.. this month, I received a very surprising yet promising news for FHAB by Bonjep. My brand was chosen to be one of sponsors for wardrobe in movie production which will hit the big screen next October. Not going to reveal the movie title but the Chief Make Up Artist and Costume Stylist was specifically looking for a style that resembles Tavi Gevinson's! Very honored to have my style compared to world's famous personality behind The Style Rookie.

It's not just that, this 2 weeks after JakCloth Summer Festival has passed a friend told me about Mini JakCloth is going to be held in 3 weeks time. Coincidentally, I have free slots because it will happen in between Ramadhan Fashion Market (held by Jakarta Fashion Market) gap. So I registered and TA-DA! I'm accepted! Got confirmation email this evening! Thank God I'm closer to my ambition now and hopefully won't be worn out too soon. Even though I'm still not sure how I'm going to make it all through (still) let's just hope this is a start of something bigger :) Expect the worst but prepare for the best people!

Yours Truly,

Listya Bonjep | the sole embodiment of FHAB presence these past months.. 

Read more about Moments captured on Bonjep's Lookbook!

2 comments:

  1. Hello there and thanks so much for leaving a nice note on my blog! It's super wonderfully awesome to find a similar minded Indo blogger. I totally get what you mean by the sarcastic notes :), since most Indo bloggers are all pretty pictures and snap snap.

    And congrats on the launch of your own brand! I had no idea how hard it is until I saw your posts. Good luck and hang in there!

    P.S: bajunya lucu2! love them!

    Nadya
    eyeshadow illustrator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and you're welcome! love your blog, I'm officially a stalker :D
      aku juga baru tau ada yang namanya eyeshadow illustrator waktu baca blog kamu. do you work for magazine too?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...